About Kaleidoscopic Aha!

I have Aha! moments everyday. They are kaleidoscopic - always full of color, shapes, and different ideas constantly in motion. I tell stories, write Affirmative Prayers, and share insights from my years of Life Experiences. My subjects are about Art, Meditation, Animals and Nature, Spirituality, the Other Worlds, Intuitive Readings, Numerology, Oracle and Tarot Cards, Shapeshifting, and more stories.  Some are informational essays that give an understanding of the stories themselves.

"I promise Something for Everyone. If there is a subject important to you missing, email me and I'll see what I can do."

Monday, July 6, 2009

Saying Goodbye - watch what you say

A few years ago, I was in class at my Spiritual Center.  The teacher announced that a woman most of us knew had made her transition.  If we didn’t know her, we knew her granddaughter, another minister that had spoken at our center.  The woman minister’s daughter is a friend of ours as well as a customer.  I hadn’t heard of her Great-Grandmother’s passing.  We took a break and I called her while I was in the bathroom.

 

She said, “You know how when people are anticipating a family member making their transition that the family sometimes tells the person it is okay to go?”

 

“Yes,” I answered.

 

“Well we were all standing around Granny who was 102.  We said to her that if she was ready to go, it was okay.  We were ready if she was ready.

Well, you know what happened? She did!– as soon as we said that she left, that very second.  We said, Wait a minute!  We didn’t mean right this minute! But she took our word for it and left and didn’t come back.  We were all pumped up trying to say the right metaphysical things, but we never expected her to go right then.  When it came down to the truth we really weren’t ready.  We were sad but we laughed at ourselves for not realizing that she would do it.”

 

I asked her for permissions to tell my class about how it all happened and she said yes.  We all had some good smiles.

 

I tried that one time.  The results were surprising.

 

My husband’s grandfather lived to the age of 96.  His grand mother was two years younger.  Grandpa Roy was always a rather cantankerous old man.  As he grew older he got meaner and harsher – until Alzheimer’s took over in the last few years.  When Grandma Eva was about 94 or 95 after Roy died, she took a bad spell.  She was confined to her bed and was staying with her younger son, Doug’s Uncle Dwayne, in Florida.  We were in Florida visiting other relatives and went by to see her on our way back to Georgia.

 

She mostly slept and her bed was placed in front of a bay window in the living room where she could watch the bird feeder and the squirrels in the front yard.  At that age we didn’t hold on to any expectations of a miracle recovery.  I sat in the room with her while she rested.  I thought I had it all figured out.  I would go into a meditation and let her know that it was okay if she was ready to go on, just have a little spirit chat.

I closed my eyes and settled myself into a nice peaceful state of mind.  I imagined talking to Eva. “Grandma Eva, we want you to know that if this is the time for you to leave us that it is okay.  We love you very much but we don’t want you to have to suffer.  The family won’t hold you here if it is time for you to go.  And Roy is waiting for you.  Do you see him there?”

 

In my meditation and images in my mind she turned toward me and said,

“No, I had to put up with that man for 72 years and I am not ready to be with him again.  I don’t want to go to him!”  I thought, Oh, I guess that was the wrong thing to suggest. And I kind of suddenly came out of my meditation.

 

Now the reader might think that was just my imagination and projecting my own feelings about having to live with someone like Roy.  Maybe I just had too much creative imagination.

 

But the things is that Eva, age 94½, did start getting better.  She had a dream after our visit that Uncle Dwayne told us about.  She was dreaming she was on a platform at the train station.  The train came but she decided after it stopped not to get on.  She opened her eyes and got up and went into her son’s bedroom. He woke up and found her sitting on the side of his bed.  “Why didn’t I get on the train that was leaving?” She asked him.  Grandma Eva felt better and went back to Kansas.  She lived in her own house until she was over 97 and died when she was 99 and 7 months.


I suppose the final message of this little story is if you are in that situation where you feel you need to tell your loved one that it is “okay” to move on to the next world or dimension, be very careful what you say and what you mean and mean what you say.  Don’t be surprised if the reaction isn’t exactly what you expect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment